Which Holiday Plants are Toxic to Dogs?

Oh yes the holidays!

Many people are decorating their homes for the holidays, but pet owners should be aware that some plants used for holiday decorating can be dangerous to cats and dogs. Understanding which plants are toxic, and which are not, can help bring home the festive spirit and avoid danger for pets.

Holly and mistletoe are very popular holiday plants but along with their berries, have a greater toxicity level for pets than the poinsettia! Symptoms of illness form ingesting these plants include intestinal upset, such as vomiting and diarrhea, excessive drooling, and abdominal pain.

*Remember: If you think your dog may have ingested a poisonous substance, please contact your local veterinarian or the ASPCA’s 24-hour emergency poison hotline at 1-888-426-4435.

Source: Which Holiday Plants are Toxic to Dogs?

    Leave a Comment

    Your email address will not be published.